Friday, August 31, 2012

Movie Night


Finally, it's Friday night! The last day of a tiresome week, the end of a very long month.  It's too hot to eat real food and I'm too tired to make a decent salad.  So I'm settling back to watch some movies and eat a big bowl of buttered popcorn with some raspberries, cantaloupe, and cheddar sticks.

I always use Orville Reddenbacher's popcorn because it really does pop up bigger and fluffier and have fewer unpopped kernals.  I pop it in plenty of grapeseed oil and usually toss a clove or two of fresh smashed garlic into the pot as well.

As soon as the popping is almost stopped, I turn off the heat and add melted organic butter and pink himalayan salt (or sea salt, whatever I've got on hand)

The popcorn, organic butter, and salt all come from Costco.  I believe the cheese was cut from some English Cheddar that came from Costco's awesome imported cheese selection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment